Y&S Condos Summary
This is a pre-construction condominium proposed by Tribute Communities for Toronto’s Yonge and Eglinton neighbourhood. Expected to stand 36 storeys, Y&S Condos has an expected occupancy date of 2022.
The site of this development sits on the east side of Yonge Street, just south of Eglinton. The proposal calls for a residential tower anchored by a contemporary base, which will house retail at grade and almost 89,000 square-feet of office space from floors two to six.
This a somewhat unusual development, as it’s targeted toward those seeking larger units, especially families. 288 residential units are proposed in total, including 108 one-bedroom layouts, 141 two-bedroom and 39 three-bedroom layouts.
The building is expected to feature 6,792 square-feet of indoor amenity space on the seventh floor. These amenities will likely take the form of a gym, party room with a kitchen and lounge, a business room and dedicated children’s space. The same level will also feature 6,361 square-feet of outdoor amenities. Four levels of underground parking with 110 spaces are also part of this proposal.
The proposed building will feature a grid-like pattern of highly-articulated, cascading cube forms that flow up and down the main building facades, blending the tower and base elements together. Both the base and the tower will feature a highly-glazed window wall system, which will reflect the contemporary character of the rapidly-growing neighbourhood. Thanks to the cascading cube forms, the floor plate size will vary within the tower, creating a unique, asymmetrical look.
Location & Neighbourhood
Condos near Yonge and Eglinton have a lot going for them. The neighbourhood is arguably one of Toronto’s most impressive urban transformations and has been designated by the province as an “urban growth centre,” a major residential, commercial and transit hub where growth is expected and planned for accordingly.
In fact, based on the number of condominium proposals in the works, the neighbourhood has the potential to become one of the densest neighbourhoods in Canada, with space for over 20,000 new residents in the next ten years. It’s a great place to invest if you like the idea of an up-and-coming hotspot.
The area’s recent transformation has seen a flood of luxury condominiums, coveted office buildings and a multi-million retail expansion grace the intersection. A range of lifestyle amenities and eateries, from casual to high-end, line the stretch, making it a popular place for young professionals who crave a high-energy environment similar to downtown. it scores a 98 on its Walk Score and a 95 on its Transit Score.
Another reason we love Yonge and Eglinton is the proposed Eglinton Crosstown LRT, which is currently under construction. Once completed in the next few years, the LRT will add almost 20 km of rapid transit access from Kennedy Station in Scarborough all the way to Toronto’s Weston Road. With a stop at Yonge and Eglinton, the intersection will become one of only a few in Toronto to provide rapid transit access in all four directions. As it stands, getting into the downtown core is a fifteen-minute subway ride and many of the city’s most popular destinations are equally easy to get to, including the University of Toronto and Ryerson University.
Y&S Condos Highlights:
- Walkscore of 98/100
- World-class public transportation
- Surrounded by shopping, dining and entertainment
- Close to schools
- Nearby parks include Glebe Manor Square West, Fiona Nelson Parkette and Al Green Sculpture Park
Sign Up To Receive Details, Information And Updates About This Project Today!
FEATURES AND FINISHES
The following standard features and finishes are included in the Purchase Price for suites at Y&S Condos:
1. Typical suites to have approximate 9' ceiling height, and 7th floor and Penthouse suites to have 10' ceiling height, from concrete floor to ceiling excluding mechanical bulkheads
2. Smooth finished ceilings throughout
3. 7' solid core wood veneer suite entry door with security peeper and lockable entry set
4. 6'8" interior doors complete with lever hardware and privacy sets on bathroom(s)
5. Trim package including approximate 5 3% step beveled MDF baseboard with approximate 2 3% casings
6. Interior walls are primed and painted with two coats of designer white quality latex paint. Bathroom(s) and all woodwork and trim painted with durable white semi-gloss paint. Paints have low levels of volatile organic compounds (VOC's)
7. Thermally broken aluminum window frames with double pane, sealed glazed units with designated operable windows
8. Closet doors to be swing panel doors, as per plan, or mirror sliders in foyer and white sliders in bedrooms
9. Interior bedrooms with clear glass sliders and partitions, as per plan 10. Laminate or vinyl flooring (as per Builder's Decor package selection) in entry, living/dining, kitchen, main hallway, bedroom(s), and den, as per plan
1. Contemporary design kitchen cabinetry with taller uppers from Builder's Decor package selection
2. Quartz countertops from Builder's Decor package selection
3. Single bowl stainless steel under mount sink with contemporary design faucet
4. Valance lighting under upper kitchen cabinets
5. Porcelain tile backsplash from Builder's Decor package selection
6. Appliance package includes (as per plan):
■ 24" integrated paneled fridge or 30" stainless steel fridge
■ 24" cook top and wall oven or 30" slide-in range
■ 24" or 30" combo hoodfan/microwave
■ 24" integrated paneled dishwasher Appliance package varies according to plan. Please speak to a Sales Representative for more info.
1. Contemporary wall mounted 2 door vanity cabinet with integrated basin and countertop (from Builder's Decor package selection)
2. Porcelain 12" x 24" bathroom floor tile (from Builder's Decor package selection)
3. Porcelain wall tile (from Builder's Decor package selection)
4. Wall mounted vanity mirror
5. Soaker tub and/or shower stall, as per plan
6. White plumbing fixtures throughout with satin nickel finish tapware and accessories
7. Frameless glass shower enclosure with glass door, as per plan
8. Temperature controlled shower faucet 9. Low-flow shower head(s)
1. High efficiency, front loading washer and dryer, stackable. Installed and ready for use. Washer to be Energy Star @ rated.
2. Tile from Vendor's standard selection
1. Terraces include one weather proof exterior outlet, as per applicable plan
2. Sliding glass window system opening to the outdoors, with glass and metal protective rail and retractable screen, as per applicable plan.
1. Individually controlled 4 pipe fan coil HVAC with integrated ERV system for on demand heating and A/C for all year comfort
LIGHTING & ELECTRICAL 1. Individual suite hydro metering allowing each suite occupant to control energy use
2. Ceiling light fixtures in entry/hallway, bedroom(s), kitchen and den (as per plan)
3. Wall sconce light fixture in bathroom(s) above vanity mirror
4. Switched wall receptacle in living/dining (as per applicable plan)
5. Decora series receptacles and switches throughout, white in colour
SECURITY & TECHNOLOGY
1. All residents will receive an electronic encrypted security device by which they will gain access to the building
2. Access control from lobby vestibule to communicate with resident from individual suites
3. Security camera monitoring in underground, lobby, and elevators
4. 24-hour concierge
5. Category 5 voice and data wiring and RG6 coaxial cable wiring in living/dining, kitchen, bedroom(s) and den (as per applicable plan)
1. All suites, corridors and amenity spaces fully sprinklered
2. Smoke and carbon monoxide detector in each suite