Wonder Condos is a new condo development by Graywood Developments Ltd and Alterra currently in preconstruction at 462 Eastern Avenue, Toronto.Wonder Condos has a total of 289 units.
Wonder Condos Summary
A symbol of Toronto’s industrial past, the old Weston Bread Factory was built in an age when passion and craft lived at every street corner, authenticity was the mark of a business, and hard work, the calling card of the ambitious. This Fall, it rises once again to meet a changing city. This east end landmark will evolve into Wonder, chic condos, lofts and, towns. Designed to respect and incorporate its industrious past, it’s the perfect home for those who want a slice of history along with a dollop of all things modern.
Wonder Condos is a New Condo development by Graywood located at Carlaw and Eastern , Toronto.Situated in the heart of Toronto’s Leslieville neighbourhood, Wonder Condos will re-define the way you think when it comes to the city’s condominiums.
Wonder Condos Details
These 308 residential suites are spread across 9 storeys and will feature ground-level retail space and 7 townhomes. Located on the building’s 8th floor will be an expansive outdoor amentity space along with indoor amenity space located on the 9th floor. An additional smaller amenity space will be included on the ground floor and a rooftop terrace will surely be a coveted spot for residents. Wonder Condos will feature a three-level underground parking garage that will house 315 car and 317 bicycle parking spots. Expect big terraces and big balconies with more attention to detail than your average new condo. Integrated dishwashers and fully tiled shower stalls are just a few things to name from The Wonder Condos, which will be coming soon!
Wonder Condos has a Walk Score of 89/100 which means most errands can be accomplished by foot. For students and working professionals commuting around the city for work or school, this address is a rider’s paradise with a Transit score of 96/100. This development is just steps away from the Queen St. streetcar and bus route’s 501, 502, 503, and the Carlaw Ave. bus routes 72 and 325. Motorist have their choice of DVP and Gardiner Expy to get around as both are located nearby.
Wonder Condos is a Perfect Condo for University Students
George Brown College
University of Toronto
Welcome to the Neighbourhood
Living in the Leslieville neighbourhood brings exciting things to do and places to see. Surrounded by parks, picturesque streets, and a flourishing community. The 502 West streetcar at Queen St. East and Logan Ave takes commuters directly to the exciting Yonge & Dundas neighbourhood in 20 minutes. Yonge Street is overflowing with tasty restaurants, entertainment, and extravagant shops.
One of the most important aspects of the old Bread Factory reimagination is the dramatic juxtaposition of the old and new. Whether it's the stark beauty of its industrial history, the allure of yesterday's rawness, or the simplicity of modern aesthetic, Wonder Condos will showcase the best of both worlds. As Don Schmitt of Diamond Schmitt Architects states, "We are not only retaining the heritage component of the building, we are continuing the legacy of how the building is responding to the ever-changing conditions of its surroundings." Preserving the facade, the architecture will also showcase some striking vestiges of the past which will be on display in the lofts and public spaces. Sensitive to the brick and beam character of the heritage structure, the design both restores and extends the brick masonry as well as incorporates a modern steel and glass structure that ushers the building into the 21st century. The terracing, stepping of building heights, and low-rise integration give Wonder a unique character. This brilliant orchestration presents a stage to create suites with large terraces that overlook the city and the verdant surroundings of Leslieville. To complement the vibrancy of the neighbourhood, the architectural design introduces a retail frontage along Eastern Avenue. This harmonious amalgamation of contemporary and heritage elements truly makes this new residence a thing of wonder.
Life is not made up of minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, or years, but of moments. And moments need to be savoured. Thoughtfully designed to offer an unparalleled level of sophistication, Wonder's signature amenities add a certain je ne sais quoi that brightens everyday moments and special ones alike. Facing Logan Ave, the Lobby with its expansive windows welcomes light and everyone who walks through the door. Bright and inviting, its historic character shines against the modern textures, colours, and forms that accent the space. With heritage artifacts integrated into the design, this harmonious balance between old and new is seen throughout Wonder's public spaces. Every aspect of its interior design reflects its unique character. In keeping with the changing times, with people choosing to work out of home, preferring a 'third space' where ideas flow and minds meet, the sensitive and engaging design of the Co-working Lounge complements today's work culture. And once the Sun sets, a day of quiet contemplation gives way to laughter and happy mingling. If there ever was a place where pleasure is top of mind, it would be in the Rooftop Lounge's rarefied surroundings. Bringing residents together, the Family Room is another of Wonder's inviting spaces. Perfect for relaxed board games, movie nights, and long conversations, here memories will be made. Away from the bustle, comfortably nestled within the old walls of the lower level, is the Gymnasium. Drawing on its industrial creed, this space is designed to replenish the body, mind and soul. Ensconced within its four walls are a collection of superlative amenities whose primary purpose is to enhance the lives of its residents. Even four-legged fur companions get their very own dog spa at Wonder.
Embodying the virtues of its past, invigorated by its reimagination, every residence at Wonder is a work of art. The authenticity of this icon of past industry comes alive in the careful selection of materials, colours, and textures that are featured in the residences. With open concept designs, expansive windows and contemporary fixtures, every space is comfortably proportioned for ease of living. Although rooted in the past, the design of every suite is firmly set in the present. Chic and functionally practical, Wonder's material language speaks to the needs of today, leaving residents to feel nurtured and inspired at all times. Balancing familial comfort with luxury, necessity with style, the living spaces have been designed to complement modern lives. With chef-inspired kitchens and spa-like bathrooms, it's an excellent example of thoughtful residential design. And this elegant sophistication is further reflected in the minimalistic finishes and features that grace the interiors.
Wonder Condos: At a Glance
- 8 Storeys development with just 286 suites
- Units will range from 1 bedroom to 3 bedroom plus den
- Soft lofts from 1 bedroom plus media to 3 bedroom
- Townhomes 2 bedroom plus den with an optional 3 bedroom
- 6,000 sqft of total indoor and outdoor resident only amenity space
- Co-working lounge, family/games room, and a dog wash station
- Party room complete with kitchen, harvest table, lounge spaces.
- Outdoor terrace complete with BBQ's, lounge spaces, fire-pits and alfresco dining.
- Occupancy slated for January 2023
REFINED FEATURES and FINISHES
• Located within the residential streets of Leslieville, bound by Logan Avenue to-the East, Eastern Avenue to the South and Booth Avenue to the West
• Moments:from local shops, restaurants, cafes, art galleries parks and.streetcar routes.
• Steps from what will be the largest most innovative mixed use development in Toronto - East Harbour as well new transit with the new SmartTrack, LRT and Relief Lines.slated to be within 500m distance of WONDER.
• Integrating.both the old and the new, Graywood and Alterra along with renowned architects Diamond Schmitt have repiirpoie a portion of the existing 4-storey bread 'factory and added an additional 4-storeys to the building to create an exqugite 8 storeys residence overlooking Toronto's east end with outstanding views of the City core.
• Entering off of Logan Avenue, residents will be weletimed by a sunlit lobby designed and furnished by TACT Design.
• Residents will enjoy concierge; three tastefully decorated, high speed elevators and convenient bike and storage lockers.
• Located on the ground floor, 8th floor and lower level, WONDER, will feature over 6,000 sq. ft. exclusive indoor and outdoor resident only amenity space featuring: Lower Level
• Gymnasium - raw by design this space will offer residents .a complete fitness facility, with everything from cross fit equipment, to cardio, stretch and weights.
• Bike maintenance station conveniently located within residential bike storage area Ground Floor
• Co-working lounge - Understanding that today's working landscape is changing Wonder will offer a space that will make it easy for residents to work from home, book meetings or just spend some time brainstorming and collaborating with colleagues.
• Family / Games Room - An extension of your living room, the Family room will give residents young and old a chance to connect over board games, books, the newest Netflix series or the big game.
• Dog Wash Station -.the perfect place to wash ofFyour pooch's paws after a day in the park. 8th Floor
• Party Room complete with catering kitchen, harvest table, lounge spaces and views for all.
• Outdoor Terrace complete with BBQs, lounge spaces, firepits and alfresco dining.
GENERAL SUITE FEATURES AND FINISHES
• Approximately 9' white .smooth finished ceilings in Standard suites and 14' white smooth finished ceilings on units 201, 231-234, exclusive of drywall finished bulkheads and except in areas where drywalled dropped ceilings are required such as; Bathroorns, Kitchen, Laundry, closets, and applicable mechanical areas, all at Vendor's discretion. Ceiling height is measured from the upper surface of the concrete slab to the underside of the finished ceiling above.
• Wide single plank laminate flooring** throughout suite less Badiroom(s) and Laundry area.
• Thermally insulated energy efficient windows.
• Interiotwalls and trim painted white.
• Modern trim package including approxithately 4" tall baseboards and 2" casings throughout..
• White'paint grade flat slab hinged'door, barn-style slider or &wined clear glass slider for bedroom door(s).*
• White framed sliding doors or white slab paint grade hinged door(s) on Bedroom or Den closets.*
• Framed mirrored sliding dooriand/or white paint grade flat slab hinged door, for Front'Foyer Closet!
• Ventilated wire shelving in.closets!
• Energy efficient, individually controlled, insuite heating/cooling syStem. [Heat-pninp(s)]
• In-suite energy recovery ventilation:system (ERV)
• Poured concrete Balconies with glass and:aluminum railings!
• Pavers on terrace floor!
• Front Load white washer and dryer and ceramic tile flooring in Laundry area.*
• Staircase* to have_deSigner selected tempered glass andmetal railing detail, oak treads; risers, and nosing stained to match (as much as possible) base laminate flooring colour at Vendor's sole discretion.
• Contemporary designed two tone Kitchen cabinetry as per Vendor's selections.
• Engineered quartz countertops.** . .
• Single bowl stainless steel underniount sink with chrome finish single handle faucet with pull down spray.
• Straight stacked installed ceramic tile backsplash.**
• For all suites under 1,000 sq. ft. excluding suites 124 and 233 - Fully integrated panel ready 24" fridge and 24" dishwasher, black 24". electric smooth top cooktop, 24" stainless steel built in convection wall oven, 30" stainless steel over the range microwave oven vented to exterior, all as per Vendor's specifications. •
• For all suites over 1,000 sq. ft including suites 124 and 233 - Fully integrated-panel ready 36" fridge and 24" dishwasher, black 30" electric smooth top cooktop, 30" stainless steel built in wall oven, 30" stainless steel over the range microwave:oven vented to exterior, all as.per Vendoes specifications.
• Modern white vanity cabinet with black metal accents*" for all Master Ensuites in two plus Bathroom units.*
• Modern vanity cabinet in selection of finishes for Main Bathroom and for Powder Room.*
• White vanity countertop with integrated rectangular basin.
• Single lever basin faucet with tub and/or shower faucet* in Matte Black finish with co-ordinating toilet paper holder and towel bar for all Master Ensuites in two plus Bathroom units.* . . •
• Single lever basin faucet with tub and/or shower faucet* in polish chrome finish with co-ordinating toilet paper holder and towel bar for Main Bathroom and for Powder Room.*
• Rectangular framed vanity mirror.
• 12" x 24" Porcelain floor tiles.**
• Ceramic wall tile** on tub and/or shower wall enclosure* installed in a straight stack pattern.
• Staggered installation Ceramic accent wall tile** on wet wall in Master Ensuite in two plus Bathroom units.*
• Location at Vendor's discretion.
• Glass shower enclosure with shower door*
• White Bathroom fixtures.
• Exhaust fan vented to exterior.
• Individual service panels within-suite circuit breakers. Vendor reserves the right to choose service panel location.
• Contemporary white Decora Series receptacles and switches throughout
• Ceiling light fixture in Foyer, Bedroom(s), and Walk-in Closets.*
• Capped ceiling outlet in Dining area, and hi.Den.*
• White ceiling mounted track lighting in Kitchen.
• Switched controlled split outlet in Living area
• Recessed ceiling light in Bathroom(s).
• Waterproof recessed ceiling light in enclosed shower*
• One exterior receptacle on Balcony* or Terrace:*
• Pre-wired cable television and communication"outlets in Living Room, Den*, and Master Bedroom.
• Under cabinet lighting in Kitchen.
• Safety and Security
• Electronic access at all main building entry points and parking garage.
• Hardwired in-suite smoke detectors.
• In-suite sprinkler system.