Highlands Townhomes Phase 2
Daniels Highlands Townhomes Phase 2 is a new townhouse development by The Daniels Corporation currently under construction at Shadrach Drive in Newmarket.
Highlands Townhomes Phase 2 Features & Finishes
DANIELS DISTINCTION FEATURES
• 9’ main floor ceilings to allow for larger windows, more spacious floorplans and extra height to upper kitchen cabinets.
• Finished basement with finished 3-piece bathroom.
• Complete Central Air-Conditioning.
• Rough-in Central Vacuum System, location determined by Vendor.
• High-efficiency gas forced air-heating system.
• All sub-floors screwed down and joints sanded.
• Comprehensive air-seal package to all windows and exterior doors and garage ceiling (when under habitable rooms), including draft resistant electrical boxes on exterior walls, ceilings and unfinished spaces.
• Exterior drainage membrane installed around foundation walls for additional protection against basement leaks.
• Pressure balance valves in all tub and shower enclosures including toe tester.
• Heavy duty 2” x 6” exterior wall construction with R50 in ceilings, R22 batt insulation in exterior walls and full height R12 for both finished and unfinished basement walls.
• All ceramic wall tile in tub and shower enclosures installed on tile backer board.
• Double stud wood party walls with 4 layers of fire rated drywall and sound insulation.
• White Decora style switches and receptacles throughout.
• All air ducts to be cleaned prior to occupancy.
• Embossed steel clad front door with glass insert, weather stripping, tarnish resistant ball knob and dead bolt.
• Plumbing drainage stacks in finished areas on main floor and finished basement areas wrapped with insulation to reduce noise.
• Concrete garage floor with steel reinforced grade beams and R10 rigid insulation to underside of garage floor.
• Painted basement floors in unfinished basement area, one coat, grey.
• Privacy lock on master bedroom door.
• Over-sized sliding or casement basement windows or sliding patio doors and windows for walk-out basements, as per lot selected.
• All archways to be trimmed, excluding closet archways.
• White window blinds to all windows, sliding patio doors, and swing doors.
• Fully landscaped community with recreational area and playground equipment.
• Architecturally selected and colour co-ordinated clay brick exteriors, masonry detailing and soldier coursing, shingle accents and premium siding, as per model and elevation selected.
• Asphalt roof shingles in architecturally selected colours with a 25 year manufacturer’s rating.
• Low-maintenance pre-finished aluminum fascia, eavestroughs, downspouts, soffits and ceiling of exterior front verandah, where applicable.
• Wood privacy screening.
• Two coat paved driveway.
• Front verandah as shown on plan with steps to grade where required, with the number of steps varying in accordance with grading conditions. Verandah to be concrete with aluminum posts and railings, as per model and elevation selected.
• Precast pavers on screenings to front walk-ways and precast patio slabs on screenings to rear patio area.
• Low-maintenance vinyl casement windows with low “E” and argon gas glass and decorative grilles on front and side elevation, as per applicable model, elevation and lot selected. All operable windows have white screens and hardware. • Exterior entry package including black cast aluminum electrical fixture, mailbox and decorative address plaque. Front door chime.
• Sectional steel garage doors with decorative inserts, heavyduty springs and long-life rust resistant door hardware.
• Two exterior water service taps: one in the garage and one at the rear, location determined by Vendor.
• Main staircase to be Oak (stained finish) with Oak stringers, pickets and handrails from main floor to second floor, as per applicable plan. Oak nosing under all pickets. Stairs to finished basement to be fully broadloomed with painted stringers and stained finish to Oak pickets and handrails, as per applicable plan.
• All main Oak stairs to include bound carpet runner.
• Thin profile aluminum transition strip where ceramic flooring abuts other flooring. Colonial stop over all tiled and hardwood areas.
• All entry closet sliders are mirrored with white metal frames. All other closet sliders are white pre-finished hardboard with metal frames. Closets have pre-finished white shelving.
• Interior walls, excluding garage, decorated in flat latex paint with one coat primer and one finish coat; kitchen and bathrooms in semi-gloss, one coat primer and one finish coat, colour selected by Vendor.
•Smooth paint finish to ceilings in kitchen/breakfast, bathrooms and laundry rooms only, where applicable. All other areas to have sprayed stippled ceilings with smooth painted decorative border, excluding garage. Finished basement areas to have sprayed stippled ceilings with no border.
• Classique style textured interior doors with 5 ¼” Aristocrat baseboards, 2 ¾” Aristocrat casings and satin nickel hardware and hinges. All interior wood trim and doors to have semi-gloss paint, colour selected by Vendor.
• Imported ceramic tile flooring in kitchen/breakfast, bathrooms and front entry where hard surface materials are indicated on floor plans, colour selected by Vendor.
• 3” wide pre-finished hardwood flooring in living/dining room or great room, colour selected by Vendor.
• 35 oz. broadloom with 12mm chip foam underpad in all living areas where hard surface materials are not indicated on floor plans, colour selected by Vendor.
• Ceramic tile up to ceiling in standard bathtub enclosures and shower stalls, where applicable.
• Imported ceramic tile backsplash, selected by Vendor.
• Double compartment stainless steel undermount sink with single lever faucet.
• Two speed exhaust fan in kitchen over stove with dedicated wiring for future microwave hood-fan, 6” exhaust ducted to exterior.
• Dishwasher space provided in kitchen cabinets with rough-in wiring and drains.
• Kitchen cabinetry, selected by Vendor.
• Granite countertops with 1 ½” double pencil edge, colour selected by Vendor.
• Privacy locks on all bathroom doors.
• Water-saving toilets and showerheads throughout.
• Vanities, selected by Vendor.
• Laminate countertops, selected by Vendor.
• White bathroom fixtures throughout with single lever faucets.
• All sinks and tubs to have pop-up plugs.
• All bathrooms vented to outside with mechanical fan.
• Ceramic bathroom accessories to include towel bar, toilet tissue dispenser and soap dish.
• Pedestal sink with single lever faucet in ground floor powder room, where applicable.
• Mirror over vanity or pedestal in bathrooms, width of cabinet or pedestal.
• Lockable drawer in ensuite bathroom or main bathroom only, location determined by Vendor.
ELECTRICAL / PLUMBING
• Rough-in for future security system including contacts on all main floor doors, basement windows and basement sliding doors for walk-out condition.
• Security contacts on all main floor doors, basement windows and basement sliding doors for walk-out condition. Security equipment including one motion detector on main floor, one keypad, one siren and a PC1555 control panel, or equivalent. The above comes complete with associated hardware, programming and client demonstration with a 3 Year Order of Monitoring Service by Purchaser.
• One electrical outlet in the garage, one exterior weatherproof outlet on the verandah and one at the rear. One additional outlet at rear to basement walk-out units. One exterior outlet in soffit at front verandah to accommodate holiday lighting, location determined by Vendor.
• 100 amp electrical service with circuit breaker panel, including 220 volt receptacle for stove and dryer.
• Three interconnected smoke detectors, one per floor, location determined by Vendor.
• Carbon monoxide detector, location determined by Vendor.
• Interior light fixtures, selected by Vendor. Fixtures provided for kitchen/breakfast area, hallways, bathrooms, bedrooms and finished basement. Capped ceiling outlet in dining room. Living room to have switched outlet.
• Finished jacks for four telephone outlets capable of multiline usage and four RG6 cable TV outlets with wide band capabilities, location determined by Vendor. One additional telephone and cable TV outlet in finished basement. Note: Pre-wiring at all telephone locations installed using CAT 5 wiring, allowing purchaser to convert any location for future data requirements.
• Power vented gas hot water tank on a rental basis.
• Plumbing water line and drain for hooking up washer in laundry area. Venting sleeve to exterior for dryer connection. Laundry tub located in mechanical room or in laundry area, as per model selected.
• Receptacle in ceiling of garage for future garage door opener.
TARION WARRANTY PROGRAM FOR NEW HOME CONSTRUCTION
• Daniels Home Warranty is backed by the Tarion Warranty Corporation’s “Excellent Service Rating” and includes One, Two and Seven Year Warranty Protection.
Specifications are subject to change without notice. E.&O.E. Colour, texture, appearance, etc. of features and finishes installed in the unit may vary from Vendor’s samples as a result of normal manufacturing and installation processes. – October 2014
Register to be the first to receive Highlands Townhomes Phase 2 Price List
Highlands Townhomes Phase 2 Floor Plans