Heartwood The Beach Condos Highlights:
- Has a walkscore of 90/100: walkable EVERYWHERE
- 2 minutes from the 301Queen, 501Queen and the 143 Downtown/Beach Express bus
- Located in the Beaches neighbourhood in Toronto
- Nearby parks include, Pantry Park, Kew Gardens, and Woodbine Park
Features & finishes
• Sophisticated 6-storey landmark boutique residence
• Main floor retail with residential floors above constructed from CLT (Cross Laminated Timber) and Glulam
• Façade clad with reinforced concrete fibre board
• Elegant boutique lobby and amenity space, ideal for entertaining family and friends.
• Illuminated wood ceiling lounge that includes an art piece known as the “Shattered Sphere” carved from western red cedar by Brent Comber
• Lounge also includes a large wood feature wall with laser cut historic map of the Beaches neighbourhood and a mini wet bar and fridge
• Two levels of underground parking with remote alert cctv monitoring
• Short and long term bicycle parking and storage lockers located on either the ground floor or the underground parking levels
• Mail area conveniently located in the lobby
• Spacious balconies or terraces with glass sliding and/or swing patio doors for access†
• One exterior gas bib connection†
• One exterior water bib connection†
• One exterior light fixture and electric outlet†
• Wood-grain porcelain tile floor coordinated with interior engineered wood floor colour from builders sample†
• Framed glass railing with aluminium balcony rail guard
CUSTOM DESIGNED KITCHENS
• Designer appointed cabinetry with choice from four design palettes from builders samples
• Quiet close cabinetry
• Under cabinet lighting
• Single bowl, undermount stainless steel sink, with single-lever retractable faucet
• Back painted glass back splash
• Under counter pull out chef’s pantry
• Full height pantry in selected unit types†
• Caesarstone countertops
• 6ft or 8ft island with additional storage and Caesarstone countertop†
• Enhanced waste storage separation for collection of three waste streams
• Soaring 9 ft exposed CLT or Glulam wood ceilings†
• Drop drywall ceilings and bulkheads†, to control noise and conceal ductwork
• Choice of plank engineered hardwood floor colour in entry corridor, living/dining areas, bedrooms, kitchens and den/libraries from builders samples†
• 6” baseboard with coordinating wood door casings
• Solid core suite entry door with deadbolt lock and security viewer
• Contemporary interior doors or slider†
• Swing doors and/or back-painted sliding glass doors†
• Choice of contemporary hardware from builders samples
• Wire shelving in closets
• Flat off-white paint throughout kitchen and all areas with the exception of satin paint in laundry and bathrooms
• LED lighting
• Smooth ceilings in master bedroom, master ensuite, laundry/storage room and bathrooms
• Exposed CLT or Glulam wood ceilings in main living areas†
• Feature wall with exposed CLT or Glulam
• 8” x 8” wood column(s) in the penthouse suites†
PREMIUM APPLIANCE PACKAGE
• 30” bottom mount fridge/freezer with integrated panel
• Full sized dishwasher, with integrated panel
• 30” stainless steel built-in convection oven
• 30” four burner stainless steel gas cooktop
• 30” built-in hood fan
• Full sized stacked or side-by-side washer and dryer†
• Dryer vented to the exterior
• Laundry area floor finished in 12” x 24” porcelain tile
• Caesarstone counter with storage, shelves, and pull out drying rack in laundry area†
• Side-by-side or stacked full size washer-dryer†
• Laundry tub with faucet from builders samples†
• A minimum of one (1) wall mounted bicycle storage rack in each unit†
• Designer appointed, quiet close cabinetry with choice from four design palettes from builders samples
• Caesarstone vanity countertops with undermount sink in master ensuite
• Choice of designer series faucets from builders samples
• Vanity mirror
• Contemporary water-efficient toilet
• Frameless glass walk-through shower in master ensuite, with full height porcelain tile surround and wooden flat base
• Rain shower head
• Rectangular design, white, acrylic soaker tub in guest bath
• 12” x 24” porcelain tile floor in master ensuite and guest bath†
• Pressure balanced valves on all showers
• Privacy lock on all bathroom doors
• Bathroom exhaust fan vented to exterior
• Individual VRF (Variable Refrigerant Flow) system that offers singular suite control over heating and cooling year-round
• In-suite thermal energy meters on all heating and cooling equipment
• Each suite equipped with an Energy Recovery Ventilator (ERV)
• Convenient pre-wired telephone and cable outlets in living room, den/library and bedrooms, with data port
• Switch controlled receptacles in living areas
• Light fixture(s) provided in foyer, track or fixture lighting in kitchen and rough-in for overhead light fixture in dining room
• Built-in smoke and carbon monoxide detector
• In-suite sprinkler system
Because it’s Natural, Versatile and most importantly, Sustainable.
Climate Change is real and at our doorstep, with lots of moving parts, variables and science to back it up. Although significant change will be necessary to address this burgeoning issue, we can all agree that change needs to start somewhere.
The building industry can play a large role in decreasing greenhouse gas emissions and we want to do our part any way we can.
Wood is a renewable and responsible building choice that helps reduce our environmental footprint. With the same durability and strength as its steel and concrete counterparts, why not choose the option that is better for our planet and better for our communities.
Really, the decision is simple.
WOOD IS STRONG.
“Economic prosperity is not limited to traditional lumber products, but includes research and development of new technologies, advanced engineered structural products and manufactured building systems”.
(Wood WORKS!, 2013)
Heartwood will be built with ultra-durable Glulam and Cross Laminated Timber (CLT). CLT is an engineered wood that takes the strongest layers of a tree, oriented at right angles to one another and glued to form large structural beams, walls and floor systems that have exceptional strength, rigidity and dimensional stability.
WOOD IS DURABLE.
In January of 2015, the Ontario Building Code was revised to permit wood buildings up to 6 storeys. Wood structures from 6 to 18 storeys have already been permitted in BC, Quebec, Alberta, the Atlantic Provinces and most of Europe. Why? Wood is strong, durable, renewable, long-lasting, and exemplifies much-needed innovation in the building industry.
WOOD IS RENEWABLE.
“Canada is building a wood culture, where the world sees us as leaders in building with wood, where we produce competitive products and building systems and where we embrace wood as our first choice and best value building material. Best of all, we do all of that as part of our stewardship of vibrant, healthy sustainable forests”
(Wood WORKS!, 2013)
WOOD REDUCES OUR CARBON FOOTPRINT.
Trees give off oxygen and absorb carbon dioxide. When they die and fall to the forest floor, CO2 is released back into the atmosphere via decomposition. However, when a tree is harvested and used for timber, CO2 remains sequestered in its wood. In fact, one cubic metre of wood can store up to one tonne of CO2.
(University of Hamburg Centre for Wood Science and Technology, 2002)
WOOD TAKES LESS ENERGY TO MANUFACTURE.
Compared to traditional mid-rise building materials such as steel and concrete, wood takes far less energy to produce and manufacture. This means reduced greenhouse gas emissions and a smaller carbon footprint for wood buildings.
WOOD HAS NO WASTE.
99% of every tree is used in the manufacturing process. Combine that with the leftover 1% being used for biomass fuels, and you’re looking at a zero-waste industry.
WOOD IS 100% NATURAL
AND 100% BEAUTIFUL.
People connect with natural materials – it’s our instinct. Studies show that being surrounded by wood and stone is the next best thing to actually being outdoors. It lowers our stress levels and gives us a sense of well-being.